Our Yardmen report directly to the Depot Managers and play an integral role in providing support to all departments at Balmers GM; sales, spares, service and hire.
Your prime responsibility is to ensure external areas are maintained, presentable and deliveries / collections are executed in an orderly and timely manner.
In addition, you will ensure daily and rotational tasks are completed and be ready to respond to any situations that may arise which require immediate attention.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a similar role within the ground-care, agriculture, garden machinery or automotive industry.
Yardman duties include:
1. Move machinery, stock, or other materials to and from storage or service areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, or containers using forklift trucks, tractors or other equipment.
2. Complete daily safety checks of Forklift Trucks.
3. Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments, material or equipment needs.
4. Record numbers of units handled or moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets and attach identifying tags to machinery or mark them with identifying information as required.
5. Maintain equipment storage areas to ensure inventory is protected.
6. Maintain a clean and tidy warehouse and yard space at all times.
7. Carry out general yard duties, such as litter picking, grounds maintenance etc…
8. Clean and prepare machinery prior to work within the Service Department.
9. Valet new and used machinery prior to sale / delivery.
10. Occasional delivery or collection of machinery to customers during peak times.
We we’re looking for:
Competent knowledge of ground-care and horticultural machinery and the golf and turf industry is not essential, but preferred.
Ability to use standard computer applications and internet functions.
Excellent customer / colleague relationship skills.
Ability to work in a team environment.
Ability to work extended hours and weekends.
Full, clean UK driving license.
Forklift Truck license.
How to apply:
Please send your CV with a covering letter to:
Mr Mark Balmer – Depot Manager, Wakefield
Balmers GM Ltd, Units 13-14 Monckton Road Ind. Est, Wakefield, WF2 7AL
Closing date for applications: 9th April 2021
Trading for over 40 years, Balmers GM have grown to become one of the largest dedicated turf machinery dealers in the UK.
From our depots in Burnley, Lancashire and Wakefield, West Yorkshire, we stock the latest new and used turf machinery for sale or hire from the industry's leading manufacturers, along with a full range of aftermarket solutions; parts, service and finance.