Our Turf, Groundcare & Agricultural Machinery Mechanics report to the Service Manager and are key to ensuring that we provide excellent customer service to keep our customer's machinery working.
The role is split between time in our Burnley based workshop and out on-site repairing, servicing and maintaining our customer's machinery.
If you have experience in the diagnostics and repairs of plant, truck, motorcycles, farm machinery, forklift trucks or ground-care machinery, then we want to hear from you!
You will be working on a wide variety of the machinery and equipment that we supply including golf and sports turf machinery, commercial mowers, utility vehicles, compact tractors, chippers and domestic mowing machinery.
TURF AND GROUNDCARE MACHINERY MECHANICS DUTIES INCLUDE:
1. Performing diagnostics and repairs turf and groundcare machinery.
2. Undertaking servicing on machinery as specified.
3. Completing all work to the highest standards both in the workshop and on-site as required.
4. Undertaking training to develop skills and knowledge including new products and services offered by the manufacturers.
5. Completing pre-delivery set up and checks on new and used machinery.
6. Mentoring apprentices and trainees.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience working with plant, truck, motorcycles, farm machinery, forklift trucks or ground-care machinery is preferred.
- The ability to undertake maintenance and repairs using special tools and equipment following approved technical procedures.
- Experience and knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems.
- The ability to work as a team or individually.
- Be self motivated, have good communication skills and a willingness to take on new challenges.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends on a rotational basis.
- Full UK driving license required.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £21,743- £29,110 per year
Schedule: Monday to Friday / 8am - 5pm
Supplemental pay types: Bonus scheme
Trading for over 40 years, Balmers GM have grown to become one of the largest dedicated turf machinery dealers in the UK.
From our depots in Burnley, Lancashire and Wakefield, West Yorkshire, we stock the latest new and used turf machinery for sale or hire from the industry's leading manufacturers, along with a full range of aftermarket solutions; parts, service and finance.