Our Technicians report to the Service Manager and are key to ensuring that we provide excellent customer service to minimise downtime.
The role is split between time in our Wakefield based workshop and out on-site repairing, servicing and maintaining machinery.
You will be working on a wide variety of the machinery and equipment that we supply including golf and sports turf machinery.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to challenge and grow in your career path.
TECHNICIAN RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- · Performing diagnostics and repairs on grounds care and fine turf machinery.
- · Undertaking servicing on machinery as specified.
- · Completing all work to the highest standards both in the workshop and on-site as required.
- · Undertaking training to develop skills and knowledge including new products and services offered by the manufacturers.
- · Completing pre-delivery set up and checks on new and used machinery.
- · Work in-depot and on customer premises.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience within the industry is preferred.
- The ability to undertake maintenance and repairs using special tools and equipment following approved technical procedures.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems.
- The ability to work as a team or individually.
- Be self-motivated, have good communication skills and a willingness to take on new challenges.
- Ability to work Saturday mornings on a rota basis
- Full UK driving license required.
EMPLOYMENT PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Competitive pay rates and overtime
- Monthly bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Ongoing training plan
- 28 Days holiday
- Structured working environment
- Further opportunities of progression at Balmers GM Ltd
- Salary paid weekly
- Full-time position
- Salary: £22,931.55-£34,388.18 per year
Trading for over 40 years, Balmers GM have grown to become one of the largest dedicated turf machinery dealers in the UK.
From our depots in Burnley, Lancashire and Wakefield, West Yorkshire, we stock the latest new and used turf machinery for sale or hire from the industry's leading manufacturers, along with a full range of aftermarket solutions; parts, service and finance.