Our Service Managers report directly to the Group Service Manager and are responsible for delivering an exceptional Balmers GM after-sales experience for all of our customers.
Leading the Wakefield Depot's Service Team, you will possess excellent leadership skills, be customer focused and have the ability to balance a varied and busy workload.
This is a challenging yet rewarding role for the right candidate as the workload demands, whether supporting a customer with a service issue, generating more business or dealing with a complaint - this role is diverse and exciting.
You will be accountable for the smooth operation of the whole Wakefield Service Department and accountable for its performance and quality.
SERVICE MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Providing excellent customer service via face-face, telephone and email communication in order to clearly understand their needs
- Planning and allocating work for service technicians based on their skills and expertise, ensuring all jobs are created to a high standard and the team have clear instructions for the work required
- Directs and assists technicians to ensure repairs are completed correctly, whilst providing support to team members in undertaking their given tasks
- Monitors WIP (Work In Progress) and warranty work to ensure all administrative tasks are kept up to date and WIP is kept to a minimum throughout the year
- Ensures that all health and safety policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to at all times
- Provides regular updates on workshop performance to the Group Service Manager
- Undertakes regular workshop meetings, briefings and reviews to ensure effective communication and high levels of employee engagement
- Undertakes resource planning to ensure correct staff levels meet current and future demands, including apprentice levels
- Actively market and promote the Service Department including all after-sales products and services to ensure a culture of sales through service
- Ensuring the workshop and service administrators work is completed to the required standard and in a timely manner, including job stories, invoicing and rotas
- Responsible for the special tool inventory and recommends the purchase of new tools as necessary
- Maintains good discipline and organisation for the workshop, ensuring it is clean, tidy and safe at all times.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- A technical background (preferably industry related)
- Ability to demonstrate leadership of others in a workshop environment
- Ability to use standard computer applications, internet functions including bespoke industry software
- Ability to work extended hours when required to meet the demands of our customers
- Excellent and professional customer relation skills
- Excellent attitude with integrity and honesty
- Full UK driving license
EMPLOYMENT PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Competitive pay rates
- Full support and career development
- Company pension scheme
- Salary paid weekly
- 28 Days holiday
- Annual bonus scheme
- Full-time position
- Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Trading for over 40 years, Balmers GM have grown to become one of the largest dedicated turf machinery dealers in the UK.
From our depots in Burnley, Lancashire and Wakefield, West Yorkshire, we stock the latest new and used turf machinery for sale or hire from the industry's leading manufacturers, along with a full range of aftermarket solutions; parts, service and finance.