Due to further development & re-structuring, Balmers GM are recruiting for the position of Depot Manager to oversee all operations carried out at the Wakefield, West Yorkshire depot.
Key elements of this post include leading & supervising a team, customer satisfaction, financial performance and communication. In addition to these key roles, the successful candidate will work closely with the Balmers GM Management Team in order to drive profitable growth, continued improvement and positive change within the organisation.
As Depot Manager you will be actively involved in the decision making process and will be responsible for the achievement of Balmers GM Ltd business plan (Wakefield) objectives. You will be required to provide leadership in evaluating, allocating and managing human, physical and financial resources in respect of the West Yorkshire (Wakefield) dealership area. The Depot Manager will provide a work environment that will optimise the profitable growth of the business, the personal development of employees and the satisfaction of customers.
Depot Manager duties include:
1.Execute the business plan and achieve financial performance, including sales, budgets and cost control, according to established goals and targets set for the Wakefield Depot.
2. Develop and maintain a positive relationship with all existing and new customers and to lead and assist in resolving any critical customer issues.
3. Ensure that appropriate communication takes place within and across all departments and depots, this will include leading regular departmental management and staff briefings.
4. Support Group Managers in the implementation of all policies, procedures and common inter-departmental practices.
5. To assist with the successful planning and execution of promotion and marketing activities and events.
6. Oversee and co-ordinate building maintenance and security to ensure that the property is maintained in a professional, fit-for-purpose condition at all times.
7. Liaise with other members of the Management Team in respect of the development, coaching, evaluation and effectiveness of the various categories of staff based at the Wakefield Depot.
What we’re looking for:
- Managerial experience from within a similar industry such as auto-motive, agricultural or ground-care would be preferred.
- Familiar with ground-care and horticultural machinery products would be an advantage.
- Experience dealing with customer critical issues.
- Solid analytical, business planning, problem solving and communication skills.
- Knowledge of financial metrics, marketing experience and a solid understanding of sales, parts and service operations.
What we offer:
- Salary negotiable depending on experience.
- Full support and career development.
- Contributory pension scheme.
How to apply:
Please send your CV with a covering letter to:
Mr David Balmer
Trading for over 40 years, Balmers GM have grown to become one of the largest dedicated turf machinery dealers in the UK.
From our depots in Burnley, Lancashire and Wakefield, West Yorkshire, we stock the latest new and used turf machinery for sale or hire from the industry's leading manufacturers, along with a full range of aftermarket solutions; parts, service and finance.