Our Area Sales Representatives report to the Group Sales Manager and is responsible for delivering new business and existing business sales from a portfolio of brands. Through carefully managing the relationship and matching the right products / services to the customers’ needs you achieve your sales target whilst delivering the exceptional Balmers GM customer experience that our customers expect whilst maintaining profitability.
This is a field sales role and as a result you will spend most of your working day either out on site visiting customers or building new relationships with prospective customers, a company vehicle is provided. This role encompasses the whole sales cycle from creating new leads / opportunities right through to customer delivery and follow up.
This role is perfect for an experienced sales person who is either currently working in the golf and turf industry or who has an interest and understanding of the golf and turf industry with full product training provided for the right candidate.
We have a fantastic customer base already with a large scope and potential within our area of business, as a result you will not just be nurturing our existing customers / known potential customers but also creating new opportunities and building up these relationships.
Area Sales Representatives duties include:
1. Representing Balmers GM and our portfolio of brands to customers within defined sales area.
2. Achieving sales performance targets set out by the Group Sales Manager
3. Conducting field demonstrations of machinery ensuring customers fully understand the products, benefits and ease of use.
4. Ensuring products are delivered to customers in-line with brand and company guidelines and the customer experience is first class.
5. Have a good understanding of financing options to assist customers with securing the purchase of machinery.
6. Maintaining product knowledge on the features and benefits of all machinery and services supplied by Balmers GM and you will be required to attend relevant sales training events.
7. Monitor competitor products and activity and communicate to the Group Sales Manager accordingly.
8. Monitor trends in customers’ business activities and communicate to the Group Sales Manager accordingly.
9. Building strong and loyal relationships with customers within the sales area.
10. Ensuring all databases and customer information is kept up to date and managed in accordance with GDPR and other legalisation.
11. Working closely with marketing and the Group Sales Manager to build campaigns to drive business sales performance.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in equipment sales - ideally with golf, turf and ground care machinery, but not essential.
- Good knowledge of turf machinery or similar products / services.
- Ability to use standard computer applications, internet functions and sales tools.
- Excellent and professional customer relation skills.
- Excellent attitude with integrity and honesty.
- A highly driven individual with a track record of sales success.
- Ability to work extended hours when required to meet the demands of our customers.
- Full UK driving license.
What we offer:
- Salary negotiable depending on experience.
- Company vehicle.
- Full support and career development.
- Contributory pension scheme.
How to apply:
Please send your CV with a covering letter to:
Mr Darren Barker
Group Sales Manager
Balmers GM Ltd, Manchester Road, Dunnockshaw, Burnley, Lancashire, BB11 5PF
Closing date for applications: 30th June 2020
Trading for over 40 years, Balmers GM have grown to become one of the largest dedicated turf machinery dealers in the UK.
From our depots in Burnley, Lancashire and Wakefield, West Yorkshire, we stock the latest new and used turf machinery for sale or hire from the industry's leading manufacturers, along with a full range of aftermarket solutions; parts, service and finance.