Our Apprentice Parts Retailers report into the Wakefield Parts Manager and play a vital role in our mission to provide excellent customer experiences.
Your apprenticeship teaches you how to manage John Deere’s sophisticated parts systems, run a profitable retail environment, merchandise goods effectively, and understand the value of John Deere products and the importance of selling on quality rather than on price.
Duties of a John Deere Parts Retailer Apprentice will consist of:
- Maximising sales potential from both internal and retail customers
- Communicating across the business using a variety of forms including verbal and electronic
- Processing parts orders from internal and retail customers along with processing warranty returns
- Identifying specific components using electronic parts catalogue
- Processing payment transactions
- Supporting the dealer and your colleagues to carry out regular stock taking activities.
- Warehousing activities
- Power Take Off (PTO) and hydraulic hose identification and manufacture
- Marketing activities and promotional campaigns
- Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will gain the Level 2 Retailer Standard
Whilst no formal qualifications are required, you must be literate and numerate, with a desire to learn, and a genuine interest in retail operations.
You should be;
Logical, able to listen, follow instructions and be willing to study
Able to work as part of a busy, fast moving team
Training to be provided
With mentoring, support and monitoring whilst at work, combined with residential training at the John Deere Training Centre, you will gain the knowledge and skills required to achieve the qualification.
Please Note: Off the job training is on a residential basis with 3 residential blocks and fortnightly 1-1 training. All travel, and, accommodation costs are covered by the employer
Monckton Road Industrial Estate
To apply for this position, head over to ProVQ's website