To support admin, parts, marketing and sales processes to maximise administrative efficiency in the department. Assists the Parts Team in maintaining accurate and on-time reports and records while completing a Level 2 in Customer Service.
Apprentice Parts & Customer Service duties include:
1. Performs basic parts sales and marketing tasks and develops marketing and selling skills.
2. Assists Parts colleagues as needed.
3. Helps to supply service technicians with parts as required.
4. Assists in keeping parts inventory clean, orderly and well organised.
5. Assists in keeping displays at the JD Place showroom clean, fresh and tidy.
6. Learns to complete reports (DPAC) and forms.
7. Participates in Parts Training programs required, mostly DLMs, for the development of skills and knowledge.
8. Reports regularly to a mentor or Outlet Parts Manager regarding ongoing activities and progression.
9. Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
10. Spends time in all departments to understand the workings of a Dealership.
11. Receives and directs internal and external customer inquiries for the parts department
12. Maintains department filing, records and information.
13. Opens parts orders as directed by the Outlet Parts Manager and maintains control until they are closed and invoiced.
14. Co-ordinates enrollment and follow up of training attendance as directed.
15. Assists with inventory verification (stock check).
With mentoring, support and monitoring whilst at work, combined with residential training at the John Deere Training Centre, you will gain the knowledge and skills required to achieve the qualification.
Please Note: Off the job training is on a residential basis. All travel, and, accommodation costs are covered by Balmers GM.
What we're looking for:
Ability to use standard desktop applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions.
Advanced written communication skills.
Organisational skills with good attention to detail.
Ability to create and analyse reports upon instruction
Excellent attitude with integrity and honesty.
Able to work as part of a busy, fast moving team.
What we offer:
£166 per week.
40 hours per week: Monday - Friday / 8am - 5pm, plus Saturday rota.
Intermediate Level 2 / 15 months duration.
Full support and career development.
Things to consider:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop further in the role and across the business as an whole.
How to apply:
Please send your CV with a covering letter to:
Mr Mark Balmer
Wakefield Depot Manager
Balmers GM Ltd, Units 13-14 Monckton Road Ind.Est, Wakefield, WF2 7AL
Closing date for applications: 31st March 2021
Trading for over 40 years, Balmers GM have grown to become one of the largest dedicated turf machinery dealers in the UK.
From our depots in Burnley, Lancashire and Wakefield, West Yorkshire, we stock the latest new and used turf machinery for sale or hire from the industry's leading manufacturers, along with a full range of aftermarket solutions; parts, service and finance.